Solutions Engineer (SME)
Intelie (a Viasat Company) is a high-growth technology company, with great results over the last years. Its stream analytics platform and high-qualified clients made Intelie to be nominated as a Cool Vendor by Gartner in 2015 and one of the most innovative companies in Brazil in 2018. Intelie has also been selected to join G-Lab MIT´s program for two years consecutively and developed its internationalization plan focused in O&G for US based on the first year project.
We are looking for someone to help us in developing new business in Oil and Gas Drilling in real-time, historical analytics, and planning solutions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Solution Engineers may have different duties and responsibilities according to their primary area of work:
Sales and Technical Proposal/Product Duties
- Understand the market and customers profile and help management with roadmap decisions for O&G Products;
- During the sales phase interface with both the client’s operational/ technical teams to detail the project scope and key deliverables.
- Understand customer specific needs and translate into a scope of work and plan to successfully deliver it;
- Create and deliver O&G Product, POC, POV, Delivery Technical Specification Requirements to Development team;
- Apply knowledge/technical skills to test technical software solutions;
- Be responsible for the technical gap analysis working together with the Product, Delivery, and Sales areas to identifying each product aspects that should be customized or developed for attending customers needs;
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME), interact with the client’s operational/ technical teams translating operational requirements into software technical specifications;
- Serve as the main SME point of contact for Intelie’s software developers and data scientists to deliver the project;
- Contribute with Technical MVP Specification for product development when required;
- Understand the product (LIVE) in terms of functionalities, market differentials, strengths and weakness, competitors, etc.
- Responsible for products specification with an Engineering point of view, as well as product testing, validation, and configuration for specific use cases.
SME PO Duties
- Define MVP functionalities for development based on SME requirements;
- Define and evaluate product performance acceptance criteria and test requirements for approval;
- During the implementation phase of the project, interface between the client’s operational/ technical teams and Intelie’s software developers and data scientists to deliver the project;
- Act as a primary liaison between the teams and the customers to avoid misinterpretation;
- Evaluate product progress at each iteration for technical requirement delivery acceptance.
Education, Knowledge, Hard Skills & Abilities:
- English speaker;
- Experience in Real-Time Drilling, Monitoring and Analysis;
- Technical background with a Bachelor of Science in any Engineering or Scientific field preferred;
- Solid understanding of physics and statistics and previous exposure to real-time or planning software;
- Technical background with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Oil & Gas, with Upstream (Exploration and Production) experience preferred;
- Previous work as Production, or operations Engineer with the field as well as office experience preferred;
- Previous experience in FPSO projects, construction, and preparation for operation
- Be technology-friendly and eager to learn about digitalization (Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data, etc);
- Basic notions of Product Design;
- Experience in Commercial presentations (to be persuasive and conquer the customer);
- Technical leadership (Novice - Beginner experience).
- Previous IT knowledge or software abilities;
- 7- 10 years experience STEM in Drilling & Completions Well Planning, Execution, either with Drilling Contractors or Operators.
- A dynamic environment which is both informal and collaborative;
- Competitive Salary and Package;
- Flexible working hours (we value work-life balance);
- Remote work-friendly;
- Top-tier Health, Dental, and Life insurances;
- Transportation voucher/allowance (VT);
- Meal allowance (VA and VR);
- Extended maternity and paternity leaves;
- Subsidies: In-house English classes;
- Self-development opportunities;
- Subsidy for education purposes.